Sunday, July 3, 2011

Workout 3 July 2011

My ankle is still weak from the cortisone so I had to choose some exercises that would not place much strain on my foot. This is what I came up with:


Round 1
2-arm swings, 16kg, 1 minute
Turkish get-up with kneeling windmill on ascent and descent, and overhead squat, 8kg, 1 each (I went very light because my left shoulder is still tweaked from last week's workout with the sots press)
Assisted pull-ups, counterbalance of 12, close grip underhand, 10 repetitions

Round 2
2-arm swings, 16kg, 1 minute
TGUs, 8kg, 2 each
Assisted pull-ups, counterbalance of 14, wider grip overhand, 10 repetitions

Round 3
2-arm swings, 16kg, 1 minute
At this point I tried a windmill on my right side with a 16kg kettlebell. I touched my hand to the ground and made it back up just fine. The second repetition immediately followed, and I placed the entire palm of my hand on the floor at the bottom (because that's how I roll, apparently). I was fine until about halfway up when I needed some assistance. I had one of my managers spotting me the entire time, as I do with every new exercise I try with a heavier weight. I didn't try any on my left side. I just wanted to see if I could do it.
TGUs, 8kg, 3 each side
Assisted pull-ups, counterbalance of 10, close grip underhand, 6 repetitions

Round 4
2-arm swings, 16kg, 1 minute
TGUs, 8kg, 2 each side
Assisted pull-ups, counterbalance 12, underhand, 8 repetitions

Round 5
2-arm swings, 16kg, 1 minute
TGUs, 8kg, 1 each side
Assisted pull-ups, counterbalance 14, overhand, 10 repetitions

When I do a kneeling windmill, my entire forearm is on the ground. I love the flexibility and core strength it requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment