Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Heavy swings ahoy!!

4 days since my last workout. I feel like I've been slacking a bit with keeping up with regular workouts, but I'm still fighting the pain and being worn out from other things. My stamina is pretty much shot so I can't do it all in one day. My walking has improved, I've been hitting the hot tub for therapy every few days, and I've been doing a lot of yard work to get ready for my vegetable garden. My pain medicine does make me weak, which I hate. I'm still not sleeping well either. I tend to focus on the negative with what I should be doing better and more of, but I do need to give myself credit for being able to do as much as I am. It's always a learning experience :)

Tonight's workout consisted of joint mobility and 10 2-arm swings with the 10 kg and 5+5 snatches with the 8 kg for a warm-up.

I did 3 pressing ladders of 1, 2, 3, 4 with the 8 kg and did 10 2-arm swings with the 16 kg between each ladder (30 swings total). I'm leading with the left side, and feeling very solid.

On a whim, I picked up the 24 kg to see if I could do some heavy 2-arm swings, and I did 10. It felt so good I did it twice more  (30 total). I'm so excited that at 10 weeks post-op I can swing a 24 kg bell with excellent form. Time to keep focusing on the positive so I don't beat myself up for the negative.

I hope I'm not feeling the heavy swings too much tomorrow! I have a social event to go to in Hollywood tomorrow night and I don't want to walk awkwardly from soreness now that I'm walking better with the improved mobility in my ankle :)

I also want to mention how kind the employees are at my local Trader Joe's. More than once, an employee has commented on how long it's been that I've been in the boot, on crutches, or something similar. It always takes me by complete surprise because I don't remember these people at all! Today, my cashier told me that I seemed to be in much better spirits, and asked how glad I was to be off the crutches. I know I'm in a good place and don't have any plans to move away. This is a great community to be in, and I'm happy to be a part of it (even if I'm playing the part of the village invalid, ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment